Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” 
This book is definitely something else!!

Lewis Carroll was a genius who exactly understood what goes inside a little girl’s mind.
I re-read this book after an era. It intrigued me a lot as a kid.  The last time I read it, I was in grade 1 I suppose. Anyways! It seemed more rational back then! It seems to me like a sarcastic outburst on the other preachy children books that existed in those days. The movie (by Disney) seemed ‘over the top’ though. There are many versions of this book that exist. But the version that I read was probably the original one. You can get it here for free.

I do want to read ‘Through the looking glass’ however, I guess not anytime soon. This was enough dose of ‘uncommon nonsense’ for a month! I will survey the looking glass sometime later. We tend to become less ‘curioser and curioser’ as we grow up, don't we?!. I want to be Alice again and talk to annoying creatures and befriend a Mad Hatter! There is no turning the clock back and no gaining that innocence again.

*sigh*
Anyways!

Please let me know your thoughts too!  I am dying to know them!

P.S. There are many interesting facts related to this literary epic which you can read it here. They add more to its fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment