Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen



I am sorry for posting this late but I have been so busy with job that I had no time to sit down and write about this extra ordinary masterpiece written by Jane Austen 'Sense and Sensibility'. Well, who am I to judge the literary legend? and Who am I to review her works? I am just a fan who love and admire her style of writing so much that I never wanted the book to end. :D

To call Jane Austen writing style eloquent would be an understatement. The book (as aptly mentioned in the description) is about 2 sisters who are on a ‘journey’ to find their personal happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love.

I remember reading ‘Pride and Prejudice’ when I was 14. Yes! Obviously I had to read it twice to understand it back then :D. You cannot comprehend Jane Austen at such a young age. But now…now that I am 24, I understand it and I am in love with Jane Austen for so eloquently narrating such beautiful and heart touching stories, stories every woman can relate to and stories every woman feels part of.  

Thank you Jane for writing these books! They give immense happiness to girls like me. It makes me feel fortunate to have read and known you through your books and I wish there were more authors like you today who could make me so very deeply happy with their power of words.

Click Here to read some interesting facts about Jane Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment