Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson (Millennium #3)


When I read a book I am looking for elements that will make me jump off my seat, give me goosebumps and makes me ponder about things I have never ponder about before. Especially when it comes to mystery novels I expect all these elements to be present by default and this is where the Millennium Trilogy has worked for me. Was it too graphic? Was the editing too bad? Who cares? Because the story was brilliant. Being a journalist of an antiracist magazine himself Stieg Larrson was so well informed about the political conditions and dilemmas of his own country Sweden. While reading these books one gets a pretty good idea about his ideas, values, opinions and stand against the political matters. I was initially scared to start reading these series. I personally had a fear that the books were over hyped and over sensationalized beacause of the dark and graphic scenes involved in them. But now that I have read them I have to say that the books do live upto the hype. The books have everything you could possibly expect from a crime novel. Drama, suspense, thrill and reality.

I have to watch the movies now. It's pretty much obvious. I am going to watch the swedish version with english subtitles. That's the original and much better than the english version (or so I have heard). Let's see, when I can gather the courage to actually watch Miss Lisbeth Salander live in flesh and blood?

I give this third installment 5 stars. I recommend it to anyone and everyone who's in a cozy mood to read a mind blowing thrilling story.

No comments:

Post a Comment